Martin Schreiber wrote:
On Sunday 20 December 2015 08:59:35 Anthony Walter wrote:
I am wondering, is it possible to configure Lazarus to compile a project on
a remote computer running a different platform/architecture through ssh?

I've been doing Lazarus development on Linux on a quad core amd64 desktop
PC for a while now and it feels comfortable. But I do have a few arm6/7
Raspberry Pi computers with FPC/Lazarus as well.

I successfully use cross-compiling and remote debugging from x86 Linux to Raspberry Pi. MSEide has project templates for that purpose in apps/ide/templates/crossarm*.prj, please see README.TXT.
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/crossarm.png

It is probably possible to setup Lazarus to to the same.

Generally works well, provided that the desktop machine's X11 server fully supports the primitives expected by the target machine's widget set.

Working from memory, I think there's a problem with debugging multiple threads over SSH, and for that reason I also like to have VNC available. There's also some versions of Lazarus (which is by no means alone in this defect) that poll the input devices excessively, and again VNC can help out there.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk