Bo Berglund wrote:

The workaround I found is to open an Non-Lazarus edit window on the Pi
and after copying text in Lazarus switch to that edit window and paste
it (this will work).
Now go to the place in Windows where the text needs to go and paste
it. This also works! It seems like the Lazarus clipboard is incomplete
inasmuch as it only targets the internal Pi clipboard but as soon as
one pastes inside another editor application on the pi it rectifies
itself and the text is now available also in Windows via VNC.

I have reported this here before but got no real solution to it.

You didn't mention that particular combination which is... interesting. Does it depend on the widget set being used for Lazarus (incomplete C&P) and the other programs (which work)?

If I use any other Raspbian application to copy text it is immediately
available via VNC in Windows, it is just the Lazarus code editor that
is broken. Even copying properties from the component property editor
in Lazarus works fine, just not the thing one REALLY wants to work
i.e. the copy from the code editor does not work through VNC.

As previously discussed, VNC is broken in many areas and it's unclear how much this is fixable since newer versions aren't open source: there's been no significant work done on it for something like ten years. If you want to run Lazarus remotely then tunnel it over SSH.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk