On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:52:10 -0300
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > They can.
> > For example: linux/gtk/german. People using an UTF8 font creates UTF8
> > umlaute and they are shown properly.
> > There are still some todos: key combos, right-to-left, gtk2.
> > I don't know what the situation is in win32.
>
> I think that "key combos" is what I am missing. I usually type ' + A in
> order to get a Á, but gtk lazarus cannot recognize this. Can you point
> me in the direction of where (whitch function / unit) should this
> feature be inserted?

I'm not sure. The best would be, if the gtk interface would return the
correct keys.
Because it works in TEdit (=gtk_entry) this must be possible somehow.
We must find out, how gtk_entry does the trick. After that, I can tell you
where to put that code.

> But you just said that the code editor only writes ascii characters ..

A misunderstanding. The IDE aka the codetools produces only pascal code with
ascii characters. In other words: There is no function yet, that creates non
english words, so ascii is enough.
You are talking about the TSynEdit aka source editor, which simply puts the
characters it gets from the interface (gtk/win32/...).

> it really must write on another encoding if german works well.
>
> Key combos work on win32 as far as I remember.

Mattias