[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:
Hello,

I discovered a bug in Lazarus because of which I must give up writing my
program in it, so I'd like to report it. Im writing to you because I can't
register an account on Lazarus site.

What problems do you have with regisitering on the Lazarus site or the bug
tracker?
Did you follow http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/How_do_I_create_a_bug_report ?
Where couldn't you follow this recipe?

The bug is:

When I send a message from a dll to my form the overriden WndProc is not
called, for example:

IN DLL:

if notifyTestForm then
   begin
     PostMessage(FindWindow(nil, 'window_caption), SwfpMessage, MsgID, 1) ;
   end;

IN MY WINDOW:

 procedure TSwiftPanelForm1.WndProc(var Message: TMessage);
  begin
    Windows.Beep(1000,5);

    if Message.Msg = Mdetect.SwfpMessage then
    begin
      (* do something *)

    end;
    inherited WndProc(Message);
  end;

The message is sent correctly and is picked up by Winspector (which is
spying on my window messages) The beeps can be heard when I move the mouse
over the window, for example, but not when my message is sent. I tried the
same code with Turbo Delphi and it works.

It certainly is a difference in behaviour. I don't know why it doesn't work.

I also ran into theese:

- the window class name is not set to its class but to "window" and there
is no way to change it. In Delphi the window class name is automaticaly
set to its class.

Yes, delphi implements creating windows different than Lazarus. There is no specific reason create different window classes and therefore the win32 widget of Lazarus doesn't do so.

- This could be set by overriding the Form_name.CreateParams function, but
this cannot be done, and it can be in Delphi. In autocomplete the
CreateParams function is shown, but when I declare the override it sais
"no  function to override" and it's parameter type (TCreateParams) is
unknown

AFAIK OnCreateParams function is nowher called. It seems only possible useful in for the win32 widgetset and cannot be used on other widgetsets.

- No OnMessage function

I don't know what is does.

I think Lazarus is great, but there are still problems under Windows.
Because of theese bugs, for exapmle, I cannot send messages between
windows at all. Is this by design, or you'll try to fix it?

I don't know if it is by design. I don't think I can fix this.

Vincent

CC: to the mailing list. Others might be interested in it too, or can elaborate.