A demo of your XML file would be apreciated (all do I think I can
produce it if I put in some time.

in folder defs in svn you have the english and german xml files just copy them to the output foolder

I also had a error in this unit Utils in the routine
I replaced the lines and I got it compiled but im not sure what I miss
now.
Its not part of your source so I gess it's a unit that comes with laz.

procedure LoadLanguage(lang: string);
begin
 if
FileExists(ProgramDirectory+'languages'+Directoryseparator+Lang+'.po')
then
   TranslateUnitResourceStrings
// old line
('uintfstrconsts',ProgramDirectory+'languages'+Directoryseparator+Lang+'
.po');
('uintfstrconsts',ProgramDirectory+'languages'+Directoryseparator+Lang+'
.po','a','b');
//
TranslateResourcestrings(ProgramDirectory+'languages'+Directoryseparator
+Lang+'.mo');
end;

I dont understand what you mean.

thats the definition of TranslateUnitResourceStrings in my lazarus:

function TranslateUnitResourceStrings(const ResUnitName, AFilename: string
 ): boolean;

what is ,a,b in your changed one ?
these routiones are just for loading translations so its no big thing if you miss them.

Christian