Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On 5/21/07, Marc Weustink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
IIRC, in delphi 1 you couldn't mix classes and objects in the same unit.
So you wouldn't use them.
I've never used them before... :-)  Always thought they were the same
as a Class but in the pre-Delphi days.

That is more or less correct, but class implicitly assumes that you allocate
the object on the heap. With objects, you have the choice (and there is a rather
obscure syntax for dealing with that...)

Thought they were deprecated or something.

They were. Although I think all versions of Delphi still can compile such code.

The last time I tried (D6) it could.
IIRC, the problem was that you had to specify the class/object a class/object is derived from.

IE.
  TMyObject = object(TObject)
  TMyClass = class(TObject)

However here you get a name clash, since it TOjbect is different.

Marc