Hi all,
Can anybody help us here ?
I actually have it linking on one machine, and not on another but for
the life of me I cannot figure out the difference between the two
machines.
Can we document this somewhere ? When developing programs using
third-party linklibs through lazarus/fpc units - where do you actually
PUT the dll's ?

I am also trying to determine the minimum number of libfiles that need
to be shipped WITH the program - the libpq.dll in the svn tree came
from pgadminIII - as an experiment, but I am affraid that perhaps you
need the full set of libs that are included in postgresql - or at
least a few more of them... but which ones, and where to put them in
order to get lazarus to build with the package installed, and the app
to link on windows ?

/me really hopes for some good advice here.

A.J.

Hi A.J.,

I tried compiling the OutKafe win32 client:

Import library not found for pq
Import library not found for c

Same with trying to install outkafelibs.

I see in FPC's postgres.pp that it includes:

{$linklib pq}
{$linklib c}

This probably accounts for it.

I see that installer\outkafe includes libpq.dll but pointing to it with -Fl
doesn't help any. And I don't have any file named libc.dll.

--
A.J. Venter
CEO - OutKast Solutions C.C.