Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:
I just had an idea that could be simple enougth to work for everyone.

Start with the current dialog, and change the LCL platform radio group
into a ComboBox

Now you have some empty space. Use that empty space to create a new
radio group with the simple build options, like Build LCL, build etc,
etc

This would fully defeat the purpose of the proposal, which is to *reduce* the available options for non-expert users, not to *increase* them. Consider that a non-advanced user is now faced with problems like: "in order to get a gtk 2 IDE (or a wince LCL) should I build JIT or not? What in the heavens is JIT?"

Developers think on terms of "how to do it". End users think in terms of "what I want to be done". The quick page follows a user philosophy, the advanced page a designer philosophy.

Having a notebook on the dialog makes it more work for people doing
common tasks, like: building lcl for windows ce, or rebuilding lcl
with a different defines, and also complicates the instructions to do
this tasks, while it doesn't save much work for others.

The notebook is transparent: it remembers your last selection. Therefore if you select just once the Advanced page, the dialog will always open on the Advanced page, and you may forget about the Quick options, which are intended for non-advanced users (or for lazy users).

IMHO it's much easier to tell in the instructions "in order to build the LCL for the wince widget set, select Build LCL in the radio group, and select wince in the combo box", than what is required now. But if you need special defines, then you fall in the advanced group and you stick to the advanced page

Giuliano