Dominique Louis schreef:
Hi Philip,
  I have a project that looks like this...

program MyProg;

uses
  {$IFDEF UNIX}{$IFDEF Use Cthreads}
  cthreads,
  {$ENDIF}{$ENDIF}

  Interfaces;

begin

end;

Not "end." ?

As you can see the project is rather empty, but I'm using the 20th and now the 21st build and when I try to compile it, I still get the TCarbonPrinter error.

Could it be a lazarus IDE setting? Not sure if this makes any difference either, I did not delete the previous lazarus install before installing the newer one.

any ideas?

An idea:
Take a look at the project inspector and check what packages are "required". For this program only LCL should be enough (no printers4lazarus).

Vincent