Malcolm Poole wrote:
Marc Weustink wrote:
Malcolm Poole wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am trying to write a front-end for the command-line archiving program
"dar" ( http://dar.linux.free.fr/ )

I can read happily from the dar Process.Output but am not managing to
respond using Process.Input

When extracting an archive using the commandline, when dar finds a file
to be overwritten, it asks if it should be overwritten, to which the
response is [RETURN] key  for 'Yes' or [ESC] key for  'NO'. I have tried
writing both #13 and #27 to Process.Input but it has no effect: the
program just hangs as the Process never stops running and gives no more
output.

Try writing #10 or #13#10

Marc
No, I've already tried that, and checked the dar source: it is definitely looking for one byte of input: #27 or '/n', which is #13.

are you sure that it is #13 and not #10 ? IIRC newlines on unix are #10

Is it possible that it is ignoring stdin because it is not being run from a terminal?

Thats possible too. But maybe it isn't reading stdin at all.

Marc