Vincent Snijders wrote:
Michael Van Canneyt schreef:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Malcolm Poole wrote:

Marc Weustink wrote:
Malcolm Poole wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am trying to write a front-end for the command-line archiving
program
"dar" ( http://dar.linux.free.fr/ )

Is it possible that it is ignoring stdin because it is not being run from
a terminal?
Thats possible too. But maybe it isn't reading stdin at all.
I was beginning to suspect that this was possible (*sighs*). Looking again at
the dar source I found the following:
       // we do not use anymore standart input but open a new descriptor
// from the controlling terminal. This allow in some case to keep use // standart input for piping data while still having user interaction
       // possible.
Apart from the fact that it doesn't use stdin for interaction I'm afraid this
is all a bit above me.

I suspect that this means that I am not going to be able to interact with dar
using TProcess. Is this correct?

This is correct. If it uses accesses the terminal directly, there is little you can do, except opening the terminal and trying to control it yourself,
but that's outside the scope of TProcess.

Maybe you can use dar_slave instead?
http://dar.linux.free.fr/doc/man/dar_slave.html

from the manpage I guess dar_slave communicates through named pipe. This should be possible through tprocess too.

Marc