You must be wrong because this example will not work in delphi (i tried). The only way you can use this mechanisme when the code of file1 is located in file2.

There's a simple trick though:
TExampleFriend=class(TExample); end;
if TExampleFriend(Example).FValue=0 then begin...

Really strange - the code I've to port is a lot more complex - and it compiles in Delphi but doesn't compile with FPC and it seems that I'm to stupid right now to find why....

But I'm shure there's no Class-descendant in file2.

Am I right that the handling of "protected"-statements should be the same in D7 and FPC? Then I'm looking elsewhere for the solution to this mysterious phenomenon... *bg*

Lukas

--

software security networks