OK - some wonderful hours of sleep and I discovered a second version of file2...

And voila - in this (newer) version FValue was declared public...

thanks for all the help.

Lukas

Lukas Gradl schrieb:
Sorry, might need a little bit more sleep - but at the moment I'm stuck:

I've to convert some files from Delphi to FPC (2.3.1, using Lazarus 0.9.25 only as an editor)

In Delphi there is a a class TExample defined in file1.pas.
TExample=class
protected
  FValue:longint;
end;

in file2.pas I did:

use file1;
{...}
Example:=TExample.Create;
if Example.FValue=0 then begin...
{...}

When compiling with FPC and $MODE DELPHI I get an "Identifier not found" error.

Any idea what a tired guy might have missed?

regards
Lukas

--

software security networks