Quoting John Stoneham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

entire threads with subjects like "Quit talking about Lazarus here" or

Its their company, and they forum. It's normal to diminish any of their products' competition (such as Lazarus).

"If you think you need cross-platform you don't need Delphi" or some

I heard that before, it may work for them. But not for us. Lazarus
may help as a cross-platform tool, but also to replace a single
platform, paidware tool, that didn't get updated by their providers...

other nonsense. Why do they hate Lazarus so much??

CodeGear employees try to protect their business and jobs. Some customers/users think that if Lazarus performs better, CodeGear will stop improving/developing Delphi, and they will lost the software they STILL USE in their daily jobs...

the last version I purchased -- which was some 6 or 7 years ago -- and

My employers paid for their licenses, wanted updates, and get none. I tried to bought a professional version of Delphi 7, but the local Borland Representatives didn't care about mISV's, or bother to send the pricing info I request.

swore I'd never purchase another Delphi product.

Same here. Something that trills me, is that the Lazarus community is one of the Open Source communities, where people get involved because THEY REALLY NEED THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THEY COULD PAID FOR, NOT BECAUSE IT'S FREE AS A T-SHIRT !!!

I just hope the Lazarus community isn't discouraged by those

Some people may do, but I don't think that really affects Lazarus.

When I hear about Lazarus in DELPHI NEWSGROUPS, and I discover Lazarus web site, I found at that time, that it was still at an very early stage, unsuitable for applications.

That didn't discouraged me. I was interested on participate, but my job, didn't allow me. Today, other developers had the time, and Lazarus is a full-grown application ;-)

So, if I where you, I care more about trying to help the project (if you have time, or the resources), than what Delphi users/developers think...

Cheers (with a Tequila)

mramirez