I'm trying to implement an usable port of CLX to Lazarus.

So I've created a CLX package which declares to provide the same as LCL.

So far it works as expected, but unfortunately CLX unit names are different from VCL/LCL: QForms instead of Forms, QButtons instead of Buttons etc. Unit names can't be changed less changing them in all applications, which impairs easy porting.

The obvious consequence is that if a component is added on a form from IDE, the IDE adds the unit it knows (e.g. STdCtrls) instead of the one from the package (QStdCtrls). This is unavoidable, unless IdeIntf is properly hacked. But it happens on the unit one is working with, so it's easy to fix, at least temporarily. All what is required is to remove the unit if it's already there with the Q prefixed name, or to prefix a Q to the name if it wasn't there.

What's more annoying is that also the LCL dependency is added to the project requirements although the CLX package declares to provide "LCL".

Is this unavoidable too, hardcoded because of the different unit names, or it's just a matter of incorrect syntax of my provides?

I'd thankfully accept advice before attempting any possible variation:
provides LCL*, provides LCL >1.0, provides LCL >=1.0 ..etc.

Thanks,

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)