Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Hi,

I'm not trying to start a flame war, I would simply like to understand
the thinking and decision process of the core lazarus developers
regarding the LCL features.  I'm sure any developer using LCL would
like the following answers as well.

For more background on this issue see the mantis bug report:

In summary.  TButton.Color is not available in LCL because Win32
doesn't allow a button face to change color without custom drawing.
Yet other widget sets do like Qt and GTK1.

That problem has been havily discussed in lazarus-dev list and we came to the conclusion that such properties should be in LCL, but on the other hand they must be marked some way in object inspector as "non cross platform".

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.