Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
On Feb 11, 2008 2:43 PM, Lee Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I simply added another icon to the resource and called it 101, but obviously
that is not the way to go.  Must the icon be in its own resource file or can it
be placed in the existing resource file I already have?

I think that being on a separate resource file makes no difference.
Did you rebuild your rc file?

Yes, I rebuilt and opened it up with different editors (VS2005, XNResource) and the Icon is there labeled 101 as in the example.

Actually, I had to use XNResource editor to place the icon because the windres errors out when I try to use it, not sure what I'm doing wrong with that:

M:\lazarus\projects\maestro>m:\lazarus\IDE\fpc\2.2.0\bin\i386-win32\windres -i M
:\lazarus\projects\maestro\tray.rc -o m:\lazarus\projects\maestro\tray.res
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or directory
m:\lazarus\IDE\fpc\2.2.0\bin\i386-win32\windres: no resources

At any rate, the icon is definitely inside the resource file.

I also tried loading an icon and handing the handle to TTrayIcon and that didn't seem to work either.

I also tried using the icon suppled with the demo thinking maybe it was something with the icon, but that does not work either. I also tried changing the icon ID in the resource from integer to string value just in case, but that doesn't work either.

I'm just not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Seems I will have to deploy the sample application in /examples and show that when I need to show a try icon ;)

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to door."