Hi

I'm quite impressed with lcms and have been doing some tests with it.

I've got a question about the difference in softproofing between lcms and photoshop.

I've found a thread from may 2004 about it, with following conclusion:

"The softproofing done by lcms is same as you were using "black ink" only in Photoshop."
and
"Photoshop does weird things on softproof. I don"t doubt the usefulness of Photoshop "emulate white paper", "discount ink
black" and so, but I didn"t implement all that. Just because, well, these are Photoshop features, not described in ICC spec."

Is this still the current status? (or) is there a "bypas" to get closer to "the photoshop way without black ink", although this is less correct?

Alain