On 2/22/06, Andrea Galligani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I calculated the delta E between this lab points:
> L = 54.44073903
> a =  -34.82222743
> b = 0.18986800
>
> L = 54.92340686
> a = -33.45703125
> b = 0.00000000
>
> using several formulas obtaing this values:
>
> cmsDeltaE = 1.460
> cmsCIE94DeltaE = 0.719
> cmsCMCdeltaE = 0.769
> deltaCIE00( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 ) = 52.908
>
> Is it right deltaCIE00 produces a so big value?
>
> If I modify the function in this way
> I obtain a value 0.72243850693447653.
>
> Is it correct?

Hi Andrea,

If I try this calculation in VIPS I also get 0.7224 for dE00, so I
think you are correct.

I do the quadrant test on a/b rather than on the result of atan(),
which seems safer to me. VIPS has:

/* Find h in degrees from a/b.
 */
double
im_col_ab2h( double a, double b )
{
        double h;

        /* We have to be careful we have the right quadrant!
         */
        if( a == 0 ) {
                if( b < 0.0 )
                        h = 270;