As far as the IT8 being different from the CRT, that's why I was considering generating a test chart via targen/printtarg. It looks like a conversion from argyll's .cht format to LPROF's .ITX would be in order.

You need a reflective measuring instrument to setup a custom
chart though. If you have one, great, otherwise it doesn't
help you much.

No, I'm talking about generating a test pattern to display on the CRT... not to calibrate the camera. That could be tailored to the narrow-spectrum of the CRT.

-Cory