Hi,

I'm new to this list... first of all, thanks for this great CMS engine,
I'm using it in my application (Pixel image editor).

Right now I'm playing with Pantone colors, they're defined as
double-floats (64-bit) Lab and I would like to convert them to 8-bit Lab
(type_Lab_8)... simple rounding and clipping doesn't work well, maybe I
need to multiply those values with some factor but I can't find the
right one... any hints please? I see that L=0..255,a/b=-128..127 :)

Another thing is that I have HDR images with single float (32-bit) per
channel, is there any way to define such type for lcms transform or
should I convert it to 16-bit RGB before I want to convert to let's say
Lab? I'm wondering if I'm not loosing any precision... as HDR values are
in range 0.0 ... 1.0, conversion to 16-bit RGB is then just multiply by
65535, but in HDR there are higher values than 1.0 possible, for
example, paper=1.0, sun=549312.0 :)

Thanks for any answers!

regards,
--