On Friday 07 April 2006 03:39 pm, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 07.04.06, 22:39 +0200 schrieb Pavel Kanzelsberger:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to this list... first of all, thanks for this great CMS engine,
> > I'm using it in my application (Pixel image editor).
> >
> > Right now I'm playing with Pantone colors, they're defined as
> > double-floats (64-bit) Lab and I would like to convert them to 8-bit Lab
> > (type_Lab_8)... simple rounding and clipping doesn't work well, maybe I
> > need to multiply those values with some factor but I can't find the
> > right one... any hints please? I see that L=0..255,a/b=-128..127 :)
>
> *L 0..100

From lcms.h

#define TYPE_Lab_DBL        (COLORSPACE_SH(PT_Lab)|CHANNELS_SH(3)|BYTES_SH(0))

I have not used this in a transform but I have used

#define TYPE_RGB_DBL        (COLORSPACE_SH(PT_RGB)|CHANNELS_SH(3)|BYTES_SH(0))

in a transform to create TYPE_RGB_8 output.  It worked just like I expected it
to when I created the transform like this:

xform = cmsCreateTransform(hIn, TYPE_RGB_DBL, hOut, TYPE_RGB_8,
                        INTENT_PERCEPTUAL, cmsFLAGS_WHITEBLACKCOMPENSATION);

Should work using TYPE_Lab_DBL and TYPE_Lab_8.