Hi,

You are right, BPC accommodates dynamic range. It makes sense only on relative
colorimetric. To check it, try any CMYK profile like SWOP (US Web coated SWOP)
or Euroscale, both have nonzero black points. It is quite evident on
going from
SWOP to sRGB, for example. I don't recommend using
HONOR_BLACK_POINT_TAG because
most profiles have bogus values on such tag.

Saludos
Marti.