Hi,

> After I try to convert dark inks into a combination of dark+light in an
> standarized way.  The only parameter I'd like to use for the conversion
> is the relationship between 100% of light ink and  the 100% of dark ink, in
> density terms.

There is no standarized way, but many different approaches. Basically
you use dark and light inks to hide grain. Sometimes both inks are just
dillutions of same pigment. Anyway you need more information than just
density on 100%, you need to know how the attribute you choose, density
for example, results in each proportion of light/dark in order to build
a composite channel.  Then is just a matter of using this composite
channel instead of the primary.

Regards
Marti.