Hi Elle,

I've tried RedHat 6 with gcc 4.4.7 and a old Mac PowerPC running
darwin9 4.0.1, in both cases I got no issues, and the return values
were the expected ones. I wonder how you do to get this particular
result:

> transicc -c0 -t1 -w -o sRGB-V2-g10.icc -i sRGB-V4-g20.icc
>
> 255 255 0
> R=255.0000 G=255.0000 B=0.0134 (the B channel should be zero)
>
> 255 0 0
> R=255.0000 G=0.0282 B=0.0000 (the G channel should be zero)
>
> 255 0 255
> R=255.0000 G=0.0331 B=255.0000 (the G channel should be zero)
>
> 255 0.001 0.001
> R=255.0000 G=0.5037 B=0.5051 (G and B should be equal to each other)

As said I cannot reproduce this 0.0134, 0.0282 and 0.5037. In all my
tests I got zero, either on positive or negative side. Maybe you used
a different profiles? Could you check the profiles you sent?

Otherwise, regarding the fact gimp does not like the negative numbers,
the obvious fixup is to run a filter on the buffers removing the
values the app does not like. This cannot be done at CMM level because
there are other apps that do use such values. A simple for loop and a
couple of if statements to clamp between 0 and 1.0 woudl solve the
issue.

Regards
Marti

Quoting marti.ma...@littlecms.com: