At 2002-02-15 09:58 -0600, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
>How many times need I state: ``NO, I am not advocating any system of
>commandments and laws, transgression of which invokes the ire of the
>greater community; rather, I believe that it is important -- no,
>critical -- that I, as LEAF user and, especially, as LEAF developer --
>know what I can expect from a small set of system constructs.''

Everyone,
I have a few comments. Please remember I'm not a programmer.

One of the reasons we started this project was to include diverse
ideas/implementations of the original LRP. To facilitate this we have never
forced any developers to follow specific standards. Ideas that are seen as
good by the community will prosper, while ideas that are found to be
impractical/undesirable will wane. You never know where the next great idea
will come from, and this model allows new ideas to prosper.

Naturally groups of developers will agree on specific proposals/ideas. This
doesn't mean that they have the right to impose those proposals/ideas on
others.

We don't want the fragmentation of the past to repeat in the present.

Michael,
Please write up your proposal for the file structure. Post it on our site,
and let each developer decide if it's useful.

Note: I am in no way saying, that you should stop advocating your idea.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/