At 2002-02-18 23:31 -0600, David Douthitt wrote:
>Well, that's not quite what I had in mind.  For me, I was thinking
>more along the lines of:
>
>A distribution developer perhaps runs a script, writes some shell
>code, etc. - and creates a "package" (or shell script, really) which
>tests for various things.  The script (or scripts) would work within
>the LEAF environment...
>
>Then a package creator (or software developer) would run a compilation
>of these scripts (which would have some overlap... and which overlap
>would be removed...) and it would tell him if his code was compatible
>with the environment or not.  These scripts would be available to run
>in the LEAF environment, or any environment...

David,
This would be great. We definitely need a way to test packages against
current releases/branches. Will redirection to file of output created by
the package test run be possible? I'd like to see this information included
in, or distributed with our packages.

I'd prefer to see the information distributed with our packages in a
separate parseable file. This will allow creation of a phpWS module, that
is able to index our packages by release/branch compatibility

OT: regexp question
BTW, is it possible to use a not bracket expression against a string?
Here is an example that doesn't work. :-(

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/