Hi KP

Am 14.04.2016 um 13:21 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
> Hi Erich;

>>> Another observation: it only happens with vfat formated sda1, formating
>>> with ext[234] doesn't show this error.
>>
>> This is completely weird, AFAIK the code does not make a difference
>> between file system types. It could be a race situation unmounting the
>> device and if so IMHO it would be a driver bug
>
> Yes it is weird, but I doubt it's a kernel driver bug.
> Pls have a look yourself, I'd consider it as a showstopper, because it breaks
> a mostly working install routine from ISO to sda.

I agree it is a showstopper for a beta, that is what alphas are for. I
would not know how to reproduce it though, as I don't have access to
source nor an environment to run a VM.

I have not quite understood the environment it takes to reproduce the
error. All my CF are much too small to hold the entire image content and
I am of the firm conviction that any routine trying to unpack the
complete image is gross bogosity, YMMV.

Anyway, my charger is lost, so I need to get a new one. Then I might be
able to look at the code though I might not be able to reproduce the
bug.. (no CF, no VM)

cheers

ET