Hi Andrew

Am 29.07.2016 um 11:02 schrieb Andrew:
28.07.2016 19:31ers, kp kirchdoerfer пишет:
Hi Andrew;

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2016, 12:24:58 schrieb Andrew:
Hi.

I think that we should move root, config and maybe some other 'core'
packages to initrd - to make it possible to run on tiny systems with
small amount of RAM and available persistent ROM for permanently mounted
initrd (like SOHO routers).
Looks almost like a packaging task, or am I wrong?
Yes, it's mostly packages reorganization. Simple, but very important
step. Other step - use r/o squash + r/w tmpfs over the top on it if
kernel option is specified - slightly harder, but harmless and may be
done even after first beta.

Maybe we even should move iptables here too - IMHO in 95% use cases
iptables is used.

I agree that iptables is often used, bt treating it differently from the other stuff is IMHO just wrong.

cheers

ET