At 2002-02-14 10:28 -0600, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>I have the first workings of a SF mirror online at:
>http://leaf.steinkuehler.net/

Charles,
EXCELLENT!

>I still need to:
>
>- Experiment with database permissions to prevent site updates from the
>mirror (which will just get lost anyway...might as well have them error
>out immediately so folks don't expect their changes to stick)

Let me know how you do this, and I'll add the instructions to the mirror FAQ.

>- Setup scripts to periodically grab updated content (both mySQL database
>info, and project files)
>
>- Look into mirroring our CVS content, downloads directory, and SF
>"meta-data"

The XML-Export is a problem. I have an open support request with SF to
automate the process with curl/wget.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=508639&group_id=1&atid=200001

>Mirroring the LEAF project directory, and getting the phpWebSite running
>were both pretty easy...anyone with a fairly modern linux install with
>apache, php, and mySQL should be able to run a mirror.  Holler if anyone
>wants details...

Great news. Thanks for doing this Charles. :-)

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/