On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 08:58, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> Mike Noyes wrote:
> >
> > Anyone,
> > Will removing the following lines from enforce_naming leave the perl
> > script functional?
>
> Yes, absolutely yes; provided that either all of the lines are
> completely _removed_ or completely commented out.

Hmm, then what did I do wrong in rev 1.2? I used vi to dd out the lines
below, and you ended up with a broken pipe from the server last night.

Any enlightenment is appreciated.

> >  # Verify that all files are lowercase, except Makefiles
> >         if ((substr($_, 0, 8) ne "Makefile") and (lc($_) ne $_)) {
> >                 print "All filenames must be completely lowercase except ";
> >                 print "Makefiles. ($directory/$_)\n";
> >                 $exit_val = 1;
> >         }
> >
> > leaf/CVSROOT/enforce_naming rev 1.3
> > http://cvs.leaf-project.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/leaf/CVSROOT/
>
> Also, remove the lone `next;' at end of for loop, since the for loop
> does that automatically, by design ;>

Is this true for older versions of perl too? The SF cvs server may not
have the newest perl release on it.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/