Mike Noyes wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 08:58, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> > Mike Noyes wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyone,
> > > Will removing the following lines from enforce_naming leave the perl
> > > script functional?
> >
> > Yes, absolutely yes; provided that either all of the lines are
> > completely _removed_ or completely commented out.
>
> Hmm, then what did I do wrong in rev 1.2? I used vi to dd out the lines
> below, and you ended up with a broken pipe from the server last night.
>
> Any enlightenment is appreciated.

Previously, you said that _cvs import_ somehow bypasses case checking,
or this script.  Since all I did last night was _cvs import_, and
because there is nothing in enforce_naming (no version in cvs) that
would result in "broken pipe" errors, I believe the culprit is
elsewhere.

> > >  # Verify that all files are lowercase, except Makefiles
> > >         if ((substr($_, 0, 8) ne "Makefile") and (lc($_) ne $_)) {
> > >                 print "All filenames must be completely lowercase except ";
> > >                 print "Makefiles. ($directory/$_)\n";
> > >                 $exit_val = 1;
> > >         }
> > >
> > > leaf/CVSROOT/enforce_naming rev 1.3
> > > http://cvs.leaf-project.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/leaf/CVSROOT/
> >
> > Also, remove the lone `next;' at end of for loop, since the for loop
> > does that automatically, by design ;>
>
> Is this true for older versions of perl too? The SF cvs server may not
> have the newest perl release on it.

I've been Perl'ing since v4.0x days.  That is the design of a for loop.
That `next;' does not do anything bad except waste a couple cpu cycles .
. .

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .