On 2002.09.17_19:27:06_+0000, Brad Fritz wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 06:55:56 +0700 H. D. Lee wrote:
>
> > Great. May be this will be a good reason to incorporate IP_VS into
> > Bering or Dachstein kernel.
>
> Even if it's not included, the build-from-source approach being
> discussed should make it easy for interested parties to roll their
> own kernel and modules.

Yes, you are right. If it's not included, I will roll my own kernel and
modules, and make it available. It means people who want LVS have to
change the kernel and add the supported modules. IMHO, it would be
convenient to have to add ip_vs related modules to turn the features on,
just like other modules.

> > Sure it would help. I would like to have such a script to automate
> > the work. So far I have been doing it manually. The kernel should help
> > me examine different result of patches version for testing. Thanks Brad.
>
> Posted to http://fritzfam.com/brad/leaftmp/make_bering_ivs_kernel
> temporarily.  As time allows, I am going to re-write it using GAR
> or David's ports-like system (or both).  Once I do, I will check
> it into cvs.sf.net under leaf/devel/bradfritz .

Thank you.

--
H. D. Lee