Erich Titl wrote:
<snip>
No offense intended, I just felt that, if you go to the trouble of naming root.blk.mk explicitly after the type of device it builds, it would be logical to name the one that builds the character device nodes accordingly, e.g. root.chr.mk.

None taken. The root.blk.mk name was just something I came up with trying to stick with the previous naming convention and keep the name short. At the time, I couldn't think of a better name.

It just occured to me that perhaps the file should be named "init.dev.mk".

Anyone else like that better than root.blk.mk, or got a better suggestion?

--
Charles Steinkuehler