Hi Folks

I just tried to pull from git to retrieve a broken buildtool.mk, just to
find out that the structures in lwp have changed completely. Needless to
say that the work I did to clean this mess up is completely futile by
now and I am quite frustrated.

I found that, in order to get rid of the lwp tarball all files are now
neatly lined up in a flat structure, burdening the buildtool.mk and
buildtool.cfg with structural work and redundany. In my eyes this is a
horrible misconception possibly caused by a weakness in buildtool to
handle directory structures or misunderstanding of buildtool directives.

I feel that some things are done in an extremely hasty way just to get
them done, not in the most comprehensive way. Maybe that is due the
evoluationary nature of our development but I am sure this just leads to
lone discovery expeditions to the software jungle.

I would like to suggest to somehow restructure the development efforts
in the project. We need to review and not just redo things. There should
not be such a situation that work is done reduntantly and there should
be a review of best practices to solve problems.

I don't know how we can avoid such redundant work, but I am sure this
does and will keep people from contributing. I have to readjust every
few days to a complete new biosphere here and that is neither for the
best development nor for the best quality of the software. We need to
communicate what an individual developer is working on and leave him the
resposability for this work. Please raise a flag if yo feel work is done
to slowly for your taste and anyone slowing down will gladly pass the
work and responsability to you.

cheers

Erich