30.10.2011 00:12, KP Kirchdoerfer пишет:
> Am Samstag, 29. Oktober 2011, 22:37:10 schrieb Andrew:
>> Hi all.
>> Today I have enough free time to spent it for LEAF toolchain.
>> Now I finished  very basic rework on it, it looks like now it should
>> successfully compile C applications and has working C++ compiler w/o c++
>> libraries (I planned to replace libstdc++ to uClibcpp). Now compiler has
>> native architecture - so it'll be no pain with cross-compilation in
>> future and it'll be easy to build all for new architectures that are
>> binary-incompatible with x86. Also it reduces count of ugly tricks in
>> toolchain.
>> I updated dropbear package for compiling on new toolchain - it looks
>> like all is OK, and executable is working (in chroot of course - I
>> didn't build 'native' uClibc libraries that are working in toolchain
>> place).
>>
>> So now if anybody will have time to fix packages - welcome, I'll be glad
>> for help. It's preferred if building system will be x64 - it's much
>> easier to check if package is built right.
>>
>> In other case - use ldd to verify if executable is linked with uClibc,
>> not with system libs. It's output should look like:
>> # ldd dbclient
>>           libgcc_s.so.1 =>
>> /path-to-old-LEAF-buildenv/staging/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf776c000)
>>           libc.so.0 =>  /path-to-old-LEAF-buildenv/staging/lib/libc.so.0
>> (0xf7723000)
>>           ld-uClibc.so.0 =>  /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0xf7784000)
> Hi Andrew;
>
> great to hear!
>
> Though I'm currently working on other stuff (mainly using a leaf box in
> virtual environment as anti-virus proxy), I think you are still a step
> ahead. I'd really like to see support for new architectures.
>
> I currently have a buildhost based on x32 - future debian/ubuntu version
> will support both with multilib (buggy implementation caused the error I've
> reported some time ago).
>
> So, will it be a major pb with a x32 build host?
No, it just adds a lot more chances to be confused in checking binaries
for correct linking.
> Where can I download a test env?
Branch 'next'. Now only 3 packages are built - 'linux' (headers),
'toolchain' (replacement of buildenv - I renamed it to avoiding
confusing with 'building' of non-updated packages that becomes
built/linked with system compiler/libraries in that case) and 'dropbear'
(just for test).
It has a lot of work, today/tomorrow I'll do some modifications to
makefile/directory structure (move staging dir to staging/$(ARCH) for
example), and later it'll require buildtool/buildpacket modification for
specifying arch at command line/separate 'installed' files/multitarget
.lrp description for multiple subarchs in one template (ticket #15), and
of course it requires reviewing of all packages - configure
options/makefiles, library placement/looking paths, etc.
But in any case, now toolchain seems to be working.
> Will it be easier if we go with uclibc 0.9.32? I do have a 0.9.32 buildenv
> on my system, which builds nearly all packages sucessfully and can be
> committed to git if necessary.
>
> kp
I already updated uClibc in this toolchain. In any case, uClibc IMHO
shouldn't be upgraded in 4.x branch if it breaks binary compatibility
(in other words - if packages linked to 0.9.30 shouldn't run on 0.9.32).