Am Montag, 31. Oktober 2011, 11:19:38 schrieb Andrew:
> 31.10.2011 12:05, KP Kirchdoerfer пишет:
> > Am Samstag, 29. Oktober 2011, 22:37:10 schrieb Andrew:
> >> Hi all.
> >> Today I have enough free time to spent it for LEAF toolchain.
> >> Now I finished  very basic rework on it, it looks like now it should
> >> successfully compile C applications and has working C++ compiler w/o
> >> c++ libraries (I planned to replace libstdc++ to uClibcpp). Now
> >> compiler has native architecture - so it'll be no pain with
> >> cross-compilation in future and it'll be easy to build all for new
> >> architectures that are binary-incompatible with x86. Also it reduces
> >> count of ugly tricks in toolchain.
> >
> > Andrew;
> >
> > in my case it failed while trying to build gcc:
> >
> > "checking for the correct version of gmp.h... no
> > configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.3.1+ and MPC
> > 0.8.0+"
> >
> > kp
>
> Do you have libgmp installed in your system? I exclude it from toolchain
> because it is present in all modern distros, and it was needed earlier
> only due to cross-compile x86 gcc binaries on x86_64 system.

I have had installed libgmp, but it does not provide gmp.h, so I installed
libgmp-dev, libmpfr-dev and libmpc-dev. Seems to be different to other
distributions.

So it seems to build now...

> P.S. Do we really need to pull all host-related binaries (automake, etc)
> in toolchain? Why we can't simply use system ones, and add them into
> buildenv prerequisites?

As you can see above, even the prerequistes changes between distribution;
but over the years we ran in all sorts of issues, when a host system has
been changed, too new version of autoconf, later outdated versions, that
failed due to changes in the buildtool.cfg files etc... So the aim was to
have the buildenvironment as self-containded as possible to be independent
of the build system. It is my experience that this is still the better way
in the long-term.