Am Montag, 31. Oktober 2011, 12:40:12 schrieb Andrew:
> 31.10.2011 13:05, KP Kirchdoerfer пишет:

> >> Do you have libgmp installed in your system? I exclude it from
> >> toolchain because it is present in all modern distros, and it was
> >> needed earlier only due to cross-compile x86 gcc binaries on x86_64
> >> system.
> >
> > I have had installed libgmp, but it does not provide gmp.h, so I
> > installed libgmp-dev, libmpfr-dev and libmpc-dev. Seems to be
> > different to other distributions.
> >
> > So it seems to build now...
>
> Right, development headers are needed for software building.
>
> >> P.S. Do we really need to pull all host-related binaries (automake,
> >> etc) in toolchain? Why we can't simply use system ones, and add them
> >> into buildenv prerequisites?
> >
> > As you can see above, even the prerequistes changes between
> > distribution; but over the years we ran in all sorts of issues, when
> > a host system has been changed, too new version of autoconf, later
> > outdated versions, that failed due to changes in the buildtool.cfg
> > files etc... So the aim was to have the buildenvironment as
> > self-containded as possible to be independent of the build system. It
> > is my experience that this is still the better way in the long-term.
> >
> > kp
>
> Usually troubles are present with too new versions and too old packages
> - but this will be noticed by all developers who used modern distros
> (and, of course, me - I use gentoo so I have enough fresh
> libtool/automake/autoconf).
> About old distros - maybe CentOS can be common example for such distro
> (it has enough old automake/autoconf because software isn't updated
> through distro lifecycle - there are only backported fixes), and I think
> that there are no 'older' distros in use among peoples who are
> interested in building all from source.
> So IMHO it'll be enough to check building on CentOS 5 and some modern
> distro (Gentoo or latest Fedora/Ubuntu) to be sure that it'll be built
> on almost all target hosts.
> Also, we really didn't pull all dependencies - at least Perl, make,
> libtool (which sometimes cause headache), etc - so IMHO partial
> dependency isn't enough good solution.

Hi Andrew;

the main question is, what will happen, if a new distro breaks the
toolchain?

I remember vaguely, we have had struggled with this years ago...

I predict, that we'll have to include prerequisites within two years :)

But then, I'l be happy if it'll proof me wrong.

I'm surprised about the changes for iproute (haven't had the time to look
into the latest commits).

I compiled iproute2 with uclibc-0.9.32 successfully without the chanes you
committed. What caused the changes, if not uClibc? Just to understand, what
may occur if we update other packages.

kp

btw: 4.1.1-beta1 has been build successfully in the background...