Andrew

at 02.11.2011 23:19, Andrew wrote:
> Hi all again.
> Today I finished porting of all basic set of packages that are included
> by default into leaf.cfg, + some more. I did this mostly for comparision
> of RAM usage; -O2 + some busybox features + some updated software
> versions gives ~23M memory usage for i686 iso; 4.1.1 version eats ~20M
> in that case - IMHO not significant difference. So I think that we can
> use -O2 for userland.

Hey, I'd go for 15% anytime ....

Most of my target systems have 64M memory so this increase is
significant. Even though we dropped the requirement for floopies we
should still target small embedded systems.

Did anyone check the size of OpenWRT packages/footprint? They have cross
compilation tools too.

cheers

Erich