On 6 Jan 2012, at 23:19, KP Kirchdoerfer wrote:

> Am 06.01.2012 18:39, schrieb Mike Noyes:
>> Everyone,
>> SF staff interview regarding LEAF.
>>
>>    http://sourceforge.net/blog/podcast-leaf/
>>

>> David and others that helped,
>> Thanks for attending to this. :-)
>>

> Well done David.
>
> (I wonder what applications you consider as "outdated", I thought we
> updated most of them (?))
>

> thx a lot,
> kp

Hi kp,

My pleasure. Hope I did OK. The notes you provided were very useful.

I keep finding that some of our "minor" packages are a little old - mawk,
mdadm, minicom to name but three. I do think we have updated most of the major
packages which were held back by the 2.4 kernel.

It would be ideal to have a script that could check for new upstream versions
and automatically alert us to changes, but since there doesn't seem to be a
standard way to check the latest version of an upstream packageā€¦

dMb