On 01/07/2012 09:22 AM, KP Kirchdoerfer wrote:
> Hi Mike;
>
> Am 07.01.2012 18:13, schrieb Mike Noyes:
>> On 01/07/2012 09:00 AM, KP Kirchdoerfer wrote:
>> -snip-
>>>
>>> A lot of upstream versions either have a announce-mailinglist, or can be
>>> tracked through websites like freshcode etc..
>>> Probably we can add a mailing-list, that announces can be send to and
>>> LEAF developers can subscribe to? Mike, what do you think, can this be done?
>>
>> KP&  David,
>> We can use trac or our devel list. If list traffic becomes excessive, I
>> can enable our announce list again.
>>
>>      Fedora
>>      Tracking upstream projects
>>      https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tracking_upstream_projects
>>

> The Fedora link gives a good idea about what I had in mind.
>
> Anyway I don't like to have neither Trac

KP,
Would a trac wiki page showing the current upstream version, and date
last checked for each package listed below work?

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/bering-uclibc/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=13

> nor the devel-list cluttered with upstream announces.

Ok

> Can't we create just another maillist (e.g. "leaf-upstream-tracking"),
> that we can use to subscribe to upstream projetcs?

A list of this type would still need posts from subscribed members. It
wouldn't be a good idea to subscribe one of our lists to another
project's announce list. This is a recipe for email loops. RSS is better
suited to pulling and aggregating announcements from multiple sources.

I think Fedora's cnucnu is a better solution, provided we can adapt it
to our use.

http://fedorapeople.org/gitweb?p=till/public_git/cnucnu.git;a=summary

--
Mike Noyes