Hi.

25.04.2015 19:36, kp kirchdoerfer пишет:
> Hi Gents;
>
> I've uploaded a new beta verson for 5.2 and currently we do have the modules
> twice - as tgz and as squashfs file.
> We should finish the move for the rc1.
>
> What tasks are open to accomplish it?
>
> from Andrews commit message:
> "initrd: add basic hw autodetect using squashfs
>
>      initial realization. looks working. needs additional features (for ex.,
>      list of nftables/iptables modules to copy from squash) before it'll
>      completely replaces moddb."
>
> Any idea how to?
This isn't needed to remove .tgz.

.tgz should be placed somewhere in release (for small systems that has
small storage space - to copy modules manually), but can be excluded
from iso/tarball.

This task - we should create list of files with deps (it's generated by
getdep.sh - you can see usage in kmodules), as source list we can get
modulelist.common and exclude drivers, + add shaper's sch_*/cls_*/act_*
modules. Then - copy files from this list to /etc/modules, and add them
to squashfs.modules ignore list.

> What about hwdetect? Does it still require the tgz file? If so, it needs to be
> updated.
I didn't touch it (Eric did some experiments - but it seems like he
didn't committed changes).