27.04.2015 20:53, kp kirchdoerfer пишет:
> Am Montag, 27. April 2015, 18:28:37 schrieb Andrew:

>>> There is at least one requirement: No half-implemented features, which
>>> only
>>> adds more bytes.
>>>
>>> I've reread the discussions how squashfs made it into the release, and it
>>> is still my understanding that one goal was to  shrink the size needed by
>>> packages carrying modules (initmod, moddb, modules.tgz); until now we
>>> have only added one more with 11MB (modules.sqfs), while the three others
>>> are still the same (not to mention that the kernel and busybox are
>>> somewhat larger due to squahfs support)
>> Mostly - to reduce RAM requirements + improve usability (no need of
>> hwdetect except hotplugging)
> Ok; I've tested without any moddb.lrp and it looks, if  modules for iptables
> etc are  listed in /etc/modules (yes Andrew noted this in his commit message),
> it works without moddb.lrp. Great Job!

I added "Module=<module regexp>" option to 'DependsOn' section of
package, and it's handling in initrd, so packages now can specify
required kernel modules that are copied from squash.
Also I added some fixes (like waiting for umounting of squash), and
modified hwdetect script to work with squashfs.

It looks like all is OK, but I tested it just on VM, not on real system.

Also I tuned mksquashfs parameters - I decreased block size and leave
squash inode table uncompressed. This decreases booting time on VM by
some seconds, and on slower machines speedup may be more noticeable.

Anybody can test it?