Activate anarchist 'zine is Australia's most popular
lefty magazine for teenagers. Which is a bit like
being the most popular sweet manufacturer in the
history of dentistry, but whatever...it's popular OK?

Activate is looking for someone to give some informed
advice on how it can make better use of its
popularit...how does it go from "magazine that a lot
of people like" to "inspiration for a lot of people to
get active"?

You should have a qualification or experience in
psychology, teaching, social work, or political
organisation.  You are not going to be talking
directly to kids, so being 'good with kids' or
understanding pop culture is irrelevant.  We want
someone who knows how teenagers form identities and
social networks and can relate that to political
outreach.

You will be paid convincingly anti-capitalist rates -
ie way below the wage for a proper job - $15 an hour.
This is coming out of my pocket and is mainly a way of
showing that your advice is valued and taken
seriously.

The time and amount of hours is negotiable but would
tend more towards a few hours a week in the evenings.

Email James at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or leave a message on 0401 304 252.

Activate's website is www.activate.8m.com