Hi There,

In this issue of Activ8 - Ezine
ACT   23/10/2003   Anti war,   TELL GEORGE BUSH: WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER
National   Legal,   TAKING BACK THE KANGAROO AND EMU
National   Endangered Species,   THE ALBATROSS
NSW   27/11/2003    3 day fest ,   BELLADONNA DIY FEST 2003
PHILLIPINES   Spread the Word,   WYMYN-ANARCHO-PUNK
VIC   21/10/2003   Meeting,   INDYMEDIA - MELBOURNE
VIC   31/10/2003   A win,   JABILUKA NATIONAL DAY OF CELEBRATION
VIC   15/11/2003   Wind Power,   WIND POWER RALLY
VIC   21/11/2003   Anti-Uranium / Claiming the Right to Protest,   Bevkids
Quiz Night

EDITORIAL

Well, George W. Bush is in Australia this week and whether you're with
him or against him, the world's most controversial public servant has a
track record that speaks for itself. This recap is from the Sydney Stop
the War coalition:

The coalition of the killing - Bush, Blair and Howard - waged al illegal
and immoral war on Iraq despite unprecedented global opposition and
protests. The lies behind this war are now being exposed. Despite Bush's
talk of 'liberation' the invasion of Iraq has become a war of
occupation, with US forces bogged down in ongoing battles with the Iraqi
people.  US corporations have re-entered Iraq to carve up the spoils of
war. Bush is not content to stop at Afghanistan and Iraq. He is
threatening further nations, such as North Korea, Iran and Syria with
military action.

In the wake of the war Prime Minister John Howard hopes to secure a Free
Trade Agreement with the United States. This will be his trophy for
supporting war on Iraq.  The FTA will 'lock in' a neo-liberal agenda
which gives corporations greater rights. This bilateral deal is modelled
on the North American FTA where companies now have the right to sue
governments for introducing environmental, labour or other regulations.
The FTA threatens the pharmaceuticals benefits scheme, quarantine laws,
GM labelling and public assets.

Another world is possible. A world without war, where people come before
profit.

If you don't get the chance to say 'hello' by joining thousands of other
patriotic Australian wellwishers in Canberra, take heed. The War on
Terror is scheduled to last for our lifetimes and the oppressive
machinery of control tightening around the globe means George's presence
will always be felt, if not seen.  Time to activ8!
peace,

Rak Razam
Robin Macpherson

ps. Activ8 listings are for all Australia wide groups and events to list
in, so if you don't see your state represented here please send us your
info. The more people involved in a network the stronger it becomes.
Here is your Activ8 - Ezine E-Zine.

EVENTS

State: ACT
Genre: Anti war