Subject: PETITION: Support Sydney Peace Prize to Dr Hanan Ashrawi - SIGN
TODAY & CIRCULATE WIDELY
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:11:38 +1100

Hi everyone

Below is the link to the online petition to support the awarding of the
Sydney Peace Prize to Dr Hanan Ashrawi
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/439042231

Link to the petition can also be accessed later tonight at the Council
website: www.arabcouncil.org.au

The campaign against Dr Ashrawi is still mounting and rallying support
quickly is essential. This petition outlines a short biography of Dr
Hanan Ashrawi's commitment to human rights, peace and justice.

Due to the nature of the campaign we needed to give the petition a
deadline (until 17 November 2003). We therefore urge supporters to act
quickly by signing TODAY and circulating the information widely.

For your information, we had initially submitted the same petition last
week to another site (which might be known to many of you). Usually
petitions get listed the following day and we expected to circulate the
information much earlier. However, up until this day the petition is
still not listed and my queries to that site remained unanswered. I am
baffled by this:) with the limited time frame we had, we decided to go
ahead and submit it to the above site.

Please circulate widely as we have a very short time frame to collect
signatures.

Cheers
Randa

--
Randa Kattan
Executive Director
Australian Arabic Communities Council Inc.
PO Box 1103
Bankstown NSW 2200
Australia
Tel: +61 2 9709 4333
Fax: +61 2 9709 2928
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.arabcouncil.org.au
_________________
Disclaimer:
This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information. It is intended solely for the named addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail. You are hereby notified that any
use, review, disclosure or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. Any content of this message and its attachments, which does
not relate to the official business of the Australian Arabic Communities
Council Inc. must be taken to be views expressed by the individual
sender. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are
free from computer virus or other defect.