Hi There,

In this issue of Activ8 - Ezine
National   14/11/2003   Legal,   TAKING BACK THE KANGAROO AND EMU
National   14/11/2003   Endangered Species,   THE ALBATROSS
National   21/11/2003   Spoken Word,   JELLO BIAFRA - FROM THE BOWELS OF
BUSH AMERICA
NSW   27/11/2003    3 day fest ,   BELLADONNA DIY FEST 2003
PHILLIPINES   14/11/2003   Spread the Word,   WYMYN-ANARCHO-PUNK
QLD   21/11/2003   Music Festival,   PARADISE NOW - BURNETT RIVER COMMUNITY
FESTIVAL
VIC   15/11/2003   Wind Power,   WIND POWER RALLY
VIC   21/11/2003   Anti-Uranium / Claiming the Right to Protest,
Bevkids Quiz Night
VIC   27/11/2003   Mag Launch,   SPINACH7 ISSUE TWO
Victoria   2/1/2004   Environmental,   EAST GIPPSLAND OLD GROWTH WALK

EDITORIAL

The Jabiluka National Day of Celebration last Friday marked an
important turning point in Australian people's battles for their own
autonomy and against transnational corporations. After protests against
  the Jabiluka mine lasting many long years, Rio Tinto, the overseas
owners of the mine, conceded to  demands to stop the deadly uranium
mining from destroying the land next to Kakadu national park. This
tremendous victory for the Traditional aboriginal owners of the land,
the Mirrar People, and all the activists who gave their blood, sweat
and tears on this issue over the years, shows that united, the people
have a strength that can overcome corporations, governments and
injustice. Which is just as well as the war isn't over. Trasnational
mining and nuclear waste companies are still eying off large swathes of
  Australia's outback to feed their unsustainable needs and dispose of
the repercussions of that system. Lake Eyre in South Australia has long
  been drained to process uranium from it's artesian basin aganst the
wishes of the local Arabunna people, and the Kupa Piti Kungka Tjuta's
campaign against the proposed national nuclear waste dump at Kulini
Kulini is the latest affront to indigenous people's land and dreamings.
  A whole new generation of activists will have their work cut out for
them to regain control of our country from transnational corporations,
but the Jabiluka victory proves that the people can - and must, win.

Peace,

Rak Razam
Robin Macpherson

Ps. ACTIV8  is  looking for a logo to help communicate our platform  of
social justice  and responsibility, as well as some non-copyright images
that may be used in our forthcoming website, All submissions welcome please
send to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Here is your Activ8 - Ezine E-Zine.

EVENTS

State: National