From: Jenny M Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] problem with sourcing
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:43:35 +0100

ronald ferguson wrote
Jenny, I don't know if I have managed to get mine set up in a different way to yourself and Clarence, so I will tell you what I see.

1) I always have the "Show All" box checked.
2) Initially, on the screen I only see a list of a few very basic sources eg BMD bur etc.
3) I enter a new event and on the Sources screen it appears in the panel
4) Without clicking the drop down menu I never see a list of "all" the sources which I have attributed to everyone in my database.

I've just gone to the record of someone for whom I don't have a great deal of information - Name, Birth, Death and 2 Census Events. If I click on the "Books" icon, with All Events ticked I see 15 "events" listed, only 5 of which have been Sourced.

If I go back to the Individual's screen and enter his Burial Details, then click on the "Books" icon, I get the same screen, with the cursor positioned next to Burial, ready for me to enter the Source.

However, if I have NOT ticked All Events, I will only see the 5 Sourced Events - Name, Birth, Death and 2 Census Events. The Burial Event, for which I am about to enter a Source, is not visible.

AIUI, the OP was saying (and I am agreeing) that he/she would like to see the 5 Sourced Events AND the "empty" (ie unsourced) event where data has just been entered.
--
Jenny M Benson

The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb