Hi Cary,

I too have been importing with the "Master source" such a "Baden", "Belgium" and "Lorraine"(France). I always thought it was an improper use of Source but just an easy way to separate them off by where they Immigrated from. I always thought I could easily delete this Location as a source per Leon's described method. Now that I've tried it and failed I suppose I should have used tags to identify by location but too late for that. Well those location sources all went to the "Unspecified" event for me so maybe I can delete all "Unspecified" events?

Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 5:21 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] delete master records

Maybe importing without the "Master source" would have been better, but
(like Richard) when I converted to Legacy I set it to mark all info as
from my Generations file (as well as importing real source info).  For a
while that was useful, but now I would like to delete that master source.

I tried Leon's suggestion and got an error message saying I could not
delete the source because it is in use (which it is, on 3000+ people and
many many events).  Now I delete that source for each fact any time I work
on a person, but like Richard I would like to be able to delete the Master
source once, from one place. There is no source detail for this source.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Cary
[EMAIL PROTECTED]