--- TH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As the information for births, marriages, deaths,
> and burials is of primary
> concern to most of us, it's too bad that Legacy
> doesn't seem to highlight
> how to generate detailed reports concerning these
> events. At the risk of
> starting a dialogue on what's wrong with Family Tree
> Maker, I'll just
> mention that it does allow the creation of such
> reports (as well as others)
> that Legacy doesn't...or, if they do, I can't find
> that feature in the
> instructions or the help guides.

As a recent escapee from FTM, I thought the same thing
about custom reports - at first.  Then from reading
the archives of this list, I found out that by using
the "Search" feature or by clicking on "Name List" and
"Print" (and sometimes using tagging to narrow down
the list) pretty much any kind of custom report I can
think of can be created.  The report format allows for
multiple rows for an individual making the report much
more readable than FTM custom reports (which put every
item on one line, sometimes making a report so wide it
is useless in printed form because info for one person
is scattered across multiple pages).  So, it seems to
me that Legacy's custom reporting is actually far
superior to FTM.

The only reports that I used regularly in FTM that I
haven't found a way to produce in Legacy (so far) are
"undocumented events" (items with no source attached)
and Bibliography (which may be coming in 7.0).

Linda